Is your child beginning the process of teething? If so, it is imperative to help them deal with the sometimes-painful condition. Teething is completely natural in all children, as it is merely the procedure of teeth sprouting up above the gum line. However, it can often cause discomfort and pain for the child, so various treatment techniques should be used. Keep your child’s smile safe with these teething tips:
– Avoid teething tablets for children under two, unless given directly under the regulation of their pediatrician.
– Various tools and methods of treatment can be given to help a teething child, including teething rings, soft music, gauze pads, or even cold spoons gently rubbed along their gum line.
– Never use your finger as a soothing instrument on their gums unless it has been cleaned first.
– Teething can often be discovered in the mannerisms of a child, including extra fussiness and irritability, a loss of appetite, or even excessive drooling.
– If teething produces diarrhea, rashes, or fevers, consult their pediatrician as soon as possible.
If you would like to discuss a teething treatment with the associates at one of our eight convenient locations in Las Cruces, Alamogordo, Anthony, Carlsbad, Clovis, Farmington, Hobbs, and Roswell, New Mexico, please schedule an appointment for your child to come see us. Our number is 575-532-5437. We look forward to helping your child smile!